Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weekend of Family Fun

Our weekend was full of lots of family and lots of fun. We celebrated Lexie's first birthday in Parowan on Thursday. Tori, Kathi and I made the cake.
Alexis wasn't totally jazzed about all the new faces around her. This is how she looked at me often. It's like she's trying to tell me to keep my distance.


Although she was nervous around us, she is still adorable.


I guess she doesn't like Lincoln's smile.

Since I had meetings for work on Monday, we headed to Centerville on Saturday to spend some more time with the Cox family before they had to go back to Missouri.





David and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on Monday. We went out on a date while my mom and dad watched Lincoln. We went to eat and he took me shopping. PERFECT! I love him so much and I am so blessed to have him as my husband. He is perfect for me. I often wonder where 8 years have gone. When I think about all we have been through together it seems like a long time, but when I think about how long it has actually been, it doesn't seem possible that 8 years ago we were married. I guess time flies when you're having fun. Love you Dave!

Also, yesterday Lincoln told us that he needed to go to the bum doctor. When we asked why, he said that his bum hurt. A couple of hours later, I realized why his bum hurt. He was very constipated. Poor little guy. He has not mentioned the bum doctor since.

Lincoln recognizes every letter of the alphabet (upper and lower case) and knows most of the sounds.

5 comments:

Em said...

I absolutely love the cake. maybe you'll be on Cake Boss or Ace of Cakes :)

Tasha said...

CUTE cake! I am glad you guys had such a great time! Congrats on 8 years!

Stacia said...

I love Lincoln's face!! He is so cute! I love that he is such a happy little man! Looks like you had fun! Cute pictures!

Tori said...

Those looks Alexis is giving are priceless! They made me laugh so hard. She does love her Shanny though, and is crazy about Lincoln. That was an absolutely amazing trip. I can't wait to see pics and descriptions of Lincoln's birthday!

The Calico Crew said...

Is that what you learned in your cake decorating class? Good ol' fondant (I killed the spelling didn't I?) You two are too young to have been married that long!