Saturday, November 17, 2012

Disneyland 2012!

In early October we took a trip to Disneyland.  We went with Mom and Dad Edwards, and Mike, Kathi and their kids.  We had the trip planned for a while and I could not wait to go.

On our first day, we walked into the park and Mini was right there to greet us.  Lincoln gets shy around her.  :)




Brooklynn thought the caste was so beautiful.

Walking down Main Street is one of my favorite things to do in Disneyland.  I think Lincoln feels the same way.



Lincoln took a couple of spins on the carousel.  Grandpa Edwards was happy to join him.


We all had so much fun being there together.  It was the Edwards kids first time at Disneyland.  It was fun to watch them experience it all for the first time.  Grandpa was in heaven with 4 of his grand-kids in Disneyland.


We had so much fun on all the rides.  We liked taking pictures of the photos as we rode the rides.  Brooklynn did not like the Ghost Mountain ride very much.  She was ducking down next to Mike and crying.  :(



For lunch on the first day we went to the Big Thunder BBQ.  We like to go to that place in the fall.  The entertainment is great and the setting is perfect!


The BBQ is all you can eat.  We could not believe how much Kathi was able to eat at that meal.  She had at least 8 pieces of chicken and 5 ribs.  We were all laughing how much Kathi ate.






Later in the day we made our way over to New Orleans Square and found Jack the Pumpkin King.  For some reason Lincoln really likes that guy...




A trip do Disneyland is not complete until you ride the Jungle Cruise, so that was the next thing on the agenda.

Lincoln had a really good time in Tarzan's Treehouse.  He thought that was really cool.




Adam and Austin had a lot of fun in Disneyland and California Adventure.  I would say our first day was a success!



Michael was constantly making nerdy faces for the camera...  sheesh.




The Tower of Terror was so fun!  Adam was pretty nervous, and he was glad when it was over.  :)

There is a new section of California Adventure called Cars Land.  We made our way over there later on the first day.  It looks just like the movie, Cars!  I loved spending time over there, but it was pretty busy because it is so new.  I hope next time we can be over there a little more.

Lincoln had fun pretending to swim in the ocean while we waited for Crush. 







These pictures illustrate how nerdy we are. 


I love that Mom and Dad went with us again.  Disneyland is so much fun with them.  Dad is a Disney expert!


The Tower of Terror was so much fun the first time that we had to go again.  Brooklynn did not like that one either.  I decided I would wait a few more years to take Lincoln on those kind of rides.






Lincoln was selected to be a participant in the Jedi Training Academy where kids dress up like Jedi and get to fight Darth Maul or Vadar.  It was so much fun to watch the kids fight those bad guys with light sabres.  Lincoln even got a certificate at the end!











Lincoln was so brave to come face to face with Vadar!


We went on Splash Mountain over and over!  We could not get enough of that ride.  We love making weird faces on the way down.  That never gets old. 


The carousel at Disneyland is always a great way to start another day. 









We have such magical memories of these special moments at Disneyland!
A trip do Disneyland is never complete until you get to meet Mickey!

We had so much fun!  I am already excited to go back.





1 comment:

Tasha said...

I just love your family! Your mom looks EXACTLY the same:) I am so glad you had such a good time! We should all go together!