Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Special Day With My Dad

This year November 29th was the day after Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving day was really great.  We had a nice, quiet time with a few family members in Parowan.  However, perhaps my most favorite part of the Thanksgiving holiday was the day after. 
Early in the morning we woke up to find a new Christmas tree for Dan and Corrin.  We got back to Parowan around 6:00 am.  Mom, Dan,  and Corrin headed back to bed.  I noticed that my dad was awake and sitting in his chair.  I sat down on the couch and talked to him for a while.  He mentioned that he would like to go to Cedar to pick up the new dryer that they ordered.  I excitedly told him that I wanted to go.  He snickered and said that I needed to go back to bed.  I didn't.  I started talking to him again, and he told me again that I needed to go to bed.  Again, I didn't.  After a while I told my dad that Sears was open and I was ready to go whenever he was ready.  He wandered to his room and got dressed.  When he came back out he said, "Let's go!"  I was so excited!  I was going to get to spend the morning with my dad.  Just me and my DAD!  We jumped in the truck and started toward Cedar.  We talked and laughed the whole way to Cedar City.  We talked about everything from politics, to the weather.  We picked up the dryer and wandered around the hardware store for a while.  It was fun to hear my dad talk about all the tools he would like to have and how much fun he could have in a hardware store.  Then we loaded into the truck to head home.  We were driving on the freeway when suddenly he pulled off at an exit.  I wondered what he was doing.  Next, he pulled into a restaurant parking lot.  He was taking me to BREAKFAST!  We sat down and ordered.  We laughed and talked all the way through our meal.  It was so great!  After about an hour we got back in the truck to go back to Parowan.  I was disappointed that our Father/Daughter morning was coming to an end.  However, I will never forget the special day I had with my dad.  I am so glad I didn't go back to sleep when he told me to.  :)

No comments: