My birthday was so great! I woke up at about 6:15. My alarm was set for 6:30, but I figured since I was up I might as well get up. I went to the kitchen and started my breakfast. Soon, Lincoln came in with sleepy eyes and stiff legs and in a groggy voice said, "surprise...happy birthday, mom!" I gave him a hug and kiss and told him thank you. Then he told me he was going back to sleep. That was so sweet!
I started to get myself ready for the day. Soon it was time to get Lincoln up again. I woke him up and he ran to get my gifts. David came in with him and I opened my presents. I got an Eiffel Tower statue and a book that I have been wanting to read. Those gifts were so nice.
When I got to school I opened my classroom door and found that my students had decorated my classroom with banners and signs. They came early that morning and borrowed a master key to get into my classroom. How thoughtful! They sang to me all day long, made cards, gave me little gifts and just made me feel really special.
At about 3:00 I was reading a book to my class when Lincoln busted into my classroom with a bouquet of flowers and singing "Happy Birthday" at the top of his lungs. That was the cutest! David followed shortly after with cake for my students. We spent the last 30 minutes of school celebrating my birthday. We had so much fun!
All day long I got text messages and voice messages wishing me a happy birthday. It was wonderful!
That night we went to Lincoln's basketball practice and out to dinner. My dad called me and told me a poem that he wrote for me since he could not be with me. It went like this...
Happy Birthday Shanny Bug
I wish I was there to give you a hug
But since I am not I called to say
Have a very, very, very Happy Birthday!
That was so sweet and thoughtful. I love my dad so much.
That birthday was so memorable. I felt special all day long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment