Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Sabbath


Today, David and I spoke at the church services for Diamond Ranch Academy. It's a youth program by Apple Valley. I was really nervous to speak. David did a great job. Every time I hear him speak, I am so impressed. I admire him and the way he can connect with a group of people and speak so freely about his life experiences. The kids there seemed to really enjoy him and his message. There was one specific girl who was completely baffled at the fact that David has the will to even wake up in the morning. She told us that when bad things happen to her, she just wants to give up. I felt really sorry that she didn't seem to have the faith or the drive to move forward with her life. David just told her that he could choose to feel sorry for himself or he could choose to make the most of his situation and press forward with a good attitude. He told the kids that in life, there are a lot of things that you can't control, but you can always control how your react to the things that happen to you. Like I say, he did a really good job.

As I started to get Lincoln ready for church, I found that all of his church clothes were dirty so I put him in this onesie that Daniel got him for Christmas. He looked so cute that I could not resist taking a picture. Do you like the missionary tag and the scriptures?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the blog! This is the first one I've ever read. (And you thought you were slow on the tech uptake--Yikes!) Link is such a cutie pie.

Rachael said...

Shannon! I was so excited when I saw you on Nat's blog, thanks for letting me be a part of yours! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family. It looks like life is good! I live in Draper with my husband Daniel and my 1 year old Jack. Its crazy and fun!

Natalie said...

He's going to be quite the missionary someday. Linc is so cute - I love that he is the perfect combination of you & Dave!

Tara said...

Lincoln is darling! Isn't being a mom the greatest? I love it too. I'm glad that you are a blogger now.

Becky Seymour said...

What a handsome son. This picture is priceless, one day he'll grow up, really be wearing that missionary tag, you'll have a tear of joy in your eye and you'll remember THESE DAYS!! (see how sentimental I can be sometimes, its the prego hormones)