This post is dedicated to some of our family's favorite things. Let's start with Lincoln.
Last summer, Lincoln loved to play in the water. I loved it too because most of the days were flippin HOT! It was nice to cool off with Lincoln whenever possible. It made those long, hot summer days pass quickly and it was a good excuse to hang out with friends.
Lincoln is officially obsessed with the Wonder Pets. I swear...I have been so scared of turning him into a couch potato. Therefore, he has not been exposed to very much TV. Lately though, all he wants to do is watch "pets". At least it's a cute show and not too incredibly obnoxious.
Lincoln has found lots of joy in playing in the dirt in the back yard. Part of me thinks he will be sad when we get grass. He loves to go out and get as dirty as possible. It's ok. That's what boys are supposed to do.

The Go-Gurt obsession is new. Man...he sure likes those things. When I offer him one, he starts jumping up and down and screaming. The picture below illustrates his joy.
When Lincoln is outside, he is in his car, but when he's inside, he's on his train. This train we got him for Christmas has been worth every penny! He absolutely loves it! In fact, the train might beat the car in a contest for Lincoln's favorite toy.
Finding favorite things for David was a bit challenging. David is a bit reserved and he doesn't seem to get excited about many things. I have been racking my brain for a few days trying to figure out what he enjoys and I came up with a little list.
David really likes TVs. He is not a couch potato, he just really likes to look at them and drool over them. Every time we go into Costco, we have to make a detour to look at the TVs. He knows all about the best deals and the best technology. He can even tell you about new technology with TVs coming up in the future.
Along with his interest in TVs, he also likes DVDs. He has quite a collection. One of his favorite things to do is to watch one of his favorite movies on his big TV with the surround sound blasting so loud, it shakes the house.....(sigh) men!
David loves to watch college sports, especially football and basketball. His favorite basketball team is Duke and he LOVES March Madness.


Like his son, David enjoys playing in the dirt. He is constantly doing some sort of project in the yard. I am so impressed with him because even though it is WAY harder for him to do yard work than it is for other people, he still does it and he likes it. He is currently getting ready to put in our back yard.
Out of all these things, I think one of his favorite things to do is to hang out with his nerdy wife and his sweet little boy.Something that many people might not know is that I love to listen to music. My favorite band of all time is U2. I don't really like their new stuff, but their songs from the 80's and early 90's are the best!
I think lots of people know that I love the Harry Potter books. I have read them all several times. I am not so impressed with the movies though. I always end up seeing them, but I leave somewhat disappointed.
I am a big Mac Geek. I love my new Mac Computer.
I really like crazy socks. I love all the colors and how weird they can be. I have quite the collection of crazy socks thanks to people who know and understand my love for them. The crazier, the better.
Another one of my favorite things is to spend time with my family. I love hanging out with them and talking about when we were young. Parowan is one of my favorite places to be because there are so many memories and I love sharing those memories with David and Lincoln.Thanks for bearing through my long post.





9 comments:
I love that little boy!! He is so dang cute!!! :) It's good to have long posts sometimes... something I don't do very often!! :) I'm glad your life is going good!! Have a very nice day!!!
Your family is adorable! You are such a good Mom:) Lincoln is darling, Him and Kenley would get along so well:)
Shan, I just laughed so hard at that first video.
He is just too dang cute!
I loved that post! It's good to stop and recognize the things that are on your mind at the time. You have some pretty sweet boys in your life, and you're such a role model for me as a wife and mother. Oh, I was looking at some pictures on my screensaver, and the picture of Adam on my sidebar of my blog came up. In the background, you can see little Linko doing what he does best... crawling into his coupe! I think this actual encounter was the beginning of his obsession with the coupe! Check it out! Love you.
Cute family. Aren't boys all the same? Russ loves TV's, surround sound and such too! No wonder he and David get along so well!
Shannon! I am so glad we got to catch up a little bit! I love reading your blog and seeing your beautiful family! So many fun things have happened since the good old college days huh!? Crazy times! Tell David hi. I hope we can go to lunch soon!
I loved reading about all of your favorite things. You are such an incredible person. Thank you for being a wonderful friend.
i love the pretty smile too. by the way, did you know you can freeze go-gurts. my kids like them that way. is that a picture of all your socks? and i love U2 as well. you're not dorky either. really cool, in fact.
Great fun! Loved all the favorites! Link is growing up so quickly!
Post a Comment