Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 5


On Friday when Tori got home from work, we decided to go back to the zoo. It was really humid that day and I realized that I vastly prefer dry heat to wet heat. Despite the temperature, we had a great time. I was glad that we went back to the zoo because we got to see the elephants. I think elephants are awesome.

This little elephant was adorable. He was splashing and playing in the water the whole time that we were watching. He must have been hot too!

When we got home from the zoo, we decided that it would be a shame to go all the way to St. Louis and not see the arch. We fed the kids, and loaded up in the car. In passing, I told Lincoln that we were going to see the arch. Amazingly, he understood what I was talking about. When we could see the arch from the car, he started saying "itch! itch!" I could not believe it. We got out of the car and walked down to get a good view of the entire thing. To see the whole thing, you have to be pretty far away because when you are right next to it, the arch is too big to be able to see in a picture.Next, we drove to get up close and personal with the arch. This picture does not appropriately capture Lincoln's enthusiasm about the arch. It seriously might have been his favorite part of the trip. You can see he is jumping up and down and on his puckered lips, he is finishing yelling "itch!" for about the hundredth time that night.

When it was time to pack up and head home, Lincoln protested. As we drove away, his "itch" evolved to "march." That's a little closer. :) We had such a great time hanging out with Tori, Dan and Lexie that week.

We had to go home the next day. Early on Saturday morning, we said our good-byes and off we went. The flight home was uneventful. I felt bad for the man who got stuck sitting by us. Aside from a few kicks in the ribs during take-off, I think he was okay. Lincoln was such a great helper and a real trooper the entire week. He allowed me to take care of Lexie and do the things I needed to do to help Tori and Dan.


Thanks guys for making great memories with us. We had a blast!


6 comments:

Em said...

I'm so jealous... :) jk I'm glad you had tons of fun!! Lincoln is a trooper, airplanes aren't very fun sometimes! Your niece is so darling!! The mother looks good too!! Thanks for posting about your adventures!!

Lindsey said...

What a fun and eventful vacay! You must have had lots of energy to take care of the kids and then go play. Glad it went so well for you!

rayndrop said...

i still can't believe that park has a zoo in it and that it's free. that is so awesome.

Tori said...

I can't believe how amped he was about the arch! So funny! Thanks again guys!

gina said...

I havent read your blog forever. If you can't tell. I love the Zoo. How fun. I really think St. George needs more things like this. I am glad that you have fun.

Becky said...

I know that this comment is a little late... but how fun that you were able to go and visit and help out your sister. The pics were so cute. Way to go with Lincoln and the airplane... you are awesome....