Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm SORRY! (tag)

I love this tag from my friend, Lydny. I think it might be therapeutic for me to get some of these things out in the open. However, I have SO many people to apologize to that this post could get lengthy. I am going to have to limit my apologies to one person per category. Sorry if I owe you an apology and I don't post it. No hard feelings?

If you could apologize to anyone in 1. Elementary, 2. Middle school, and 3. High school who would it be to and why?

1. Elementary School - Chelsey Rowley: In 6th grade I was such a jerk to her! I am not making excuses, but I was new at the school and the group of friends who befriended me happened to un-friend Chelsey. SO rude! We went out of our way to make her feel bad. I am getting misty just thinking about it. I should have stood up for her and been her friend, but I was too chicken. We became friends in 7th grade. She was good enough to forgive me (even though I did not deserve it). What a great person Chelsey is. Sorry Chelsey! I LOVE YOU!

2. Middle School - Jason Judd: Oh dear! I never dreamed that I would have an enemy, but then Jason Judd came along. I don't know why, but we did NOT enjoy each other's company. He was constantly making rude comments about me so I returned the favor, but I believe I went above and beyond the point of jerkiness. Sorry Jason....wherever you are.

3. High School - Coach Darrington: Can I just say, what goes around comes around? My senior year, I decided to pick on this first year teacher named Coach Darrington. He was my teacher for human anatomy. It seems like it started on the first day of school with me being a loud smarty pants. It was all down hill from there. I gave him SUCH a hard time. I never apologized and I left HS with bad feelings about him. The poor man never did anything to me! Why did I choose to treat him like garbage? Later, in my 2nd year of teaching, whose nephew was in MY class? Yep! Coach Darrington's nephew was in my 5th grade class. How embarrassing! When Coach D found out who his nephew's teacher was, he freaked out! The nephew told me that he knew all about me and my shenanigans in HS. What do you say to that? Fortunately, I got the chance to see Coach D again and tell him (several times) how sorry I am for the dumb way I acted in HS.

Wow! I know that I left out some apologies. If you are dying for me to apologize to you, leave a comment and I will be sure to give you a call. :)

5 comments:

Lyndy Butler said...

Thanks for sharing. It really does feel better to know that we all did stupid stuff when we were younger. and that's sad...Stupid kids...

The Calico Crew said...

I doubt you were ever that mean. You don't have it in you. I guess when we're kids life's a bit different. We grow up and get to remember what twerps we really were.

rayndrop said...

you really ARE a sweetie. nice of you to sahre. and encouraging to read.

Tori said...

Shanny, this is funny to read. I totally remember the relationship you and Darrington had! I can't believe you taught his nephew... I will be seeing you in just two days! Have fun at Brian Regan!

Em said...

This is pretty fun to read!!! At least you are sorry and know what you did wrong!!