Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Piece of Cake!

I signed up for a cake class at Robert's earlier this month. It has been really fun. I made 3 cakes and learned some new techniques. Our last class for course 1 was tonight. I signed up for the next course because I enjoyed it so much.

This is what I have been up to.

This cake was a disaster. I could not get it out of the pan. I was only able to salvage half of one of the layers. I had to improvise. Thus, the rainbow cake.


This creepy clown cake was not optional. We had to make these ugly dudes. It looks like they need to go potty. Although the clowns are less than cute, I still had a great time.


This was my last cake for course 1. The roses are hard to make.

9 comments:

Tori said...

Wahoo! I can't wait to see more, and to have you help with/make Alexis' cake! :) those clowns do look like they're holding it, don't they? Ha!!! Great job- yet another thing you have an amazing skill for. Love my sister!

~Kreitzers said...

That is so fun, I need to sign up to learn something new! The creepy,potty, clowns are hilarious, the rose cake was really pretty!

Cheryl Meibos said...

Wow Shannon! Nice skills:)

Em said...

You are so talented!!! I want to learn!!!

Unknown said...

SHANNON YOU WON MY GIVEAWAY! please contact me before the end of the day!!! CONGRATS!

rayndrop said...

cool, shannon. really cool.

are you going to get to use fondant in the next class?

rayndrop said...

i forgot to mention...
the other day, asher started singing the eency weency spider. thanks go to you!

Becky Seymour said...

Get ready to make berk a barney cake for her bday. no joke. i will pay you!

Nate and Sum said...

Great job! It was fun to visit with you at the activity last night.