
Tonight, Linc and I went on a little date to the circus. Washington County hosted a circus and gave out free tickets for children's admission. We had a great time. i didn't get any pictures of the acts because I was paranoid that the flash on my camera would send an animal into a frenzy or that it would distract one of the trapeze or tightrope walkers and make them fall. The pictures that I have of the circus were found online.
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the circus and we will definitely go back next year. When I asked Lincoln what his favorite part of the circus was, he told me that it was the motorcycles and the elephants. I have to agree. I think those were my favorites too.



The motorcycles made me very nervous. It started out with one motorcycle riding around in a sphere cage. Next, another motorcycle guy came out and entered the cage with rider number one. That was crazy. They were riding around extremely fast and I was sure they were going to crash. Suddenly, a third motorcycle enters the cage and they continue the insanity by driving around too fast and coming within inches of crashing. When a fourth motorcycle came out I was ready to fall off my seat out of nervousness. Sure enough that fourth motorcycle entered the cage and the insanity resumed. I was amazed at how quickly the motorcycles were driving around each other and doing crazy stunts. My heart was beating very fast and I was relieved when their act was over. Lincoln was mesmerized the entire time. I don't think he blinked during the entire act.
The final act of the night was the elephants. I wish I could have caught a picture of Lincolns face while watching those incredible creatures. He had a sweet grin plastered to his face the entire time. He giggled at the tricks the elephants did tricks like, head stands, and sitting up on hind legs.
We both had a lovely time and I believe this will become a yearly tradition for a mommy/Lincoln date.





No comments:
Post a Comment