Today David and I were able to attend a session of the Brigham City temple dedication. It was broadcast to the stake center. I felt the spirit very strongly when the choir and congregation began to sing The Spirit of God. I reflected on the times that I have felt very close to the spirit in my life. Those times mostly comprise of moments of motherhood.
I remembered a time this summer. We were camping as a family in Kolob. We set up camp really close to the resivor. A few hours into our trip, heavy clouds rolled in and hovered over the lake.
Suddenly Lincoln got really excited. He quickly ran over to me and said, "mom! Jesus is coming!". I guess the scene of the heavy clouds and the beautiful scenery inspired Lincoln to feel the spirit. I was in turn inspired by him and his faith. He was incredibly excited and was quite sad when he realized that it was not quite time for Jesus to return to earth.
He teaches me every day. I am so blessed to be his mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
You've got an incredible boy with incredible parents! I loved attending the dedication too...it rejuvenated my spirit and made me want to become better! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment