Tonight lincoln asked "mom, is the Book of Mormon real?"
I said, "yes. All the stories are true. They happened a long long time ago."
Lincoln asked, "in 1966?"
After a small giggle in my head we proceeded to have a really good conversation about Heavenly Father, Jesus, Heaven, angels, and what happens when we die. He asked why we close our eyes in Heaven. I realized that he thinks we close our eyes in Heaven because he cant remember it. I told him that when we are born, we forget Heaven because Heavenly Father wants us to have faith without being able to see the things that we should believe in. I told him about when he was a baby. I was changing his diaper. He kept looking at the ceiling and smiling. I asked him what he was smiling at and he said, "the smiley faces!" I truly believe that at that moment he could see people on the other side of the veil. Lincoln was very receptive to the story and I could tell that he could feel the spirit as we talked. What an awesome moment we had, just him and me talking about the gospel. He is such a great kid with an amazing spirit about him. His faith is an example to me. He prays for everything from help finding the stapler, to helping my sunburn get better, to helping the day tomorrow go by fast so that he can participate in something he is excited about tomorrow evening. He is amazing! I should learn from his example. As I turned off the light in his room tonight and turned to leave his room I heard him say with all the love in his heart, "Good night Heavenly Father."
Sweet kid.





2 comments:
Love this! What a spiritual little guy. :)
He is so sweet! I love his tender heart. He definitely takes after his cute Mom! Can Kenley please be in line to marry this guy? He is seriously going to be such a catch.
Post a Comment