We have had a wonderful week of firsts for Lincoln. We started by having our ...
First Game of Hide & Seek - Lincoln has discovered the joy of playing hide & seek around the house. I hide in a room or behind some furniture and call his name. He listens carefully then cruises around in his walker until he finds me. It's so funny! I may be bias, but he is so smart! He knows right where to go when he hears my voice. It's so fun to see how excited he gets when he finds me. It's our favorite game now.
First Sign - I have been trying to teach Lincoln a few basic signs. We have been working on "drink" and "more". On Monday, he signed "drink" for the first time. I was so excited! He seems to understand that it's a way of communicating with me that is better than crying. He is growing up so fast!
First Crawl - Lincoln has been kinda passive on learning how to crawl. He would rather be carried around the house and see the world from mom's point of view. On Tuesday however, he got up on all fours and took two little crawls (is that what they are called?). I was so proud of him. He did a few more and he seemed to be quite proud of himself as well. He's still working on it, but I have a feeling that before I know it, I will be pulling foreign objects out of his mouth and moving things to higher shelves.
First Tooth - Yes! It finally broke through. We are proud to announce the arrival of Lincoln's first tooth (after much pain and suffering). I like to call it his "mouth bling". He's pretty protective of that little pearl. He doesn't like people to see it, but mostly, he doesn't like people to touch it. However, he's constantly putting his own finger in his mouth to feel that little razor for himself.
First French Kiss - I was at a friend's house the other day who happens to own a little dog. This dog is so good with kids so Lincoln was sitting on the floor trying to touch it. Finally, the dog came close enough for Lincoln to touch. He loves dogs, so he wanted to give her a kiss. He leaned in with his mouth wide open (like babies do) and the dog slipped him the tongue! He's only 10 months for goodness sake! Lincoln didn't quite know what to think and neither did I. It was really funny.
First Time Saying "Mama" - It's true and....I almost cried. How silly is that? Hearing my baby say that word was a very special moment for me. I don't know if he associates that name with me, but it was so awesome to hear his sweet little voice say my name. I will never forget it!
It's definitely been a memorable week. It's so fun to see Lincoln reach all these milestones, but a part of me is sad to see how quickly time passes. Before we know it, he will be 1!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
How fun! It is so neat to see your baby grow and learn to do new things. I agree though, every time Ayla does something new I am so excited and so sad at the same time. I just can't decide if I want her to grow or not.
I just love all your "first's"! I'm glad his tooth finally came in and he sounds so fun! I hope that you are getting some sleep these days!! Take care of you!
How fun! All in one week! That is crazy!
What a fun week! It is so fun to watch them discover new things and how proud they are of themselves. I love motherhood - is there anything more rewarding? I forgot to tell you that you can post any pics of Kate you want, I would love to see them. We will have to play - where do the days go?
I just love Lincoln. He is so cute. What a great week. I am the happiest about his tooth. Yeah!! That helps a ton. It seems like the first one is the hardest on them. That first kiss was pretty exciting, too. lol Thanks for all you do for us. You are so good to us. We love having you and Lincoln pop in. It makes my day. :)
This is a fun age! They learn everything so quickly! It looks like Lincoln is a smart little boy!
How happy!!! I love him. Our Max will be the same with just wanting to be carried...we have lazy genious'
Hang on tight Shan... He is just going to keep growing at warp speed...
Post a Comment