Thursday, June 12, 2008
Prank Caller
So today, I had a somewhat embarrassing moment. I was letting Lincoln play with the phone because sometimes it is the only way to get him to chill out if he is worked up. I noticed that the timer on the phone was counting so I pushed END and laid the phone back down. Immediately following, the phone rang. I picked it up and the voice on the other end said, "who is this?" I responded by giving my name. Then the voice said, "This is Brooke with 911 and we just received a call from your house." I explained that Lincoln must have accidentally dialed the number and that I was sorry. She asked if I was able to speak freely and I assured her that everything was fine and hung up. A few minutes later, there was a ring at our door and when I answered, I was embarrassed to find the chief of police, who happens to be our neighbor, standing at our door. He came to make sure everything was OK. I was a little embarrassed. Lesson learned! Lincoln will not be playing with the phone anymore! At least it's a good story to tell Lincoln when he is older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
oh man! my sister had the same thing happen with her toddler playing on the phone...it just so happened that her daughter was screaming (she was trying to do her hair & her daughter has a very sensitive scalp) while 911 was on the line! the cops came to check things out...she felt guilty, even though every thing was just fine!
Ahahahahahahahaha! That is so great!!! I really got a kick out of that one... Linc is sure a cute little boy!
Did you get the parenting book yet?
That is so funny Lindsey's little boy did that just the other day! I don't know what it is with little ones and phones but they love them!
Too funny. At least he lived next door though!
I love that story! I laughed even harder reading about it here in your blog! What a sweet little boy. Can't wait to see you this weekend.
That is so crazy!! I can't believe that! Linc, you crazy kid! It was fun meeting your inlaws. They saw me rocking berkely and said they had a daughter in law who always had to rock their baby, too. IT WAS YOU! I love it. I wish I could get away with out rocking or bouncing, but I can't!
How funny! Lincoln is so darn cute!
That's awesome- it just makes me chuckle!! I let Kenna play with the phone sometimes, so I guess I need to rethink that :) Hope you are having a great Summer!
Everyone goes though that at some point or another. Whitney did that a little while ago at the sitters house. Taycee did it at our house, but it was just last year and she was 5. She couldn't find me or Ebby so she called 911 to find her Mom and dog. That was embarrassing. I was just outside, but I guess it is easier to call for help, then to look for me.
Post a Comment