
A few weeks ago, we headed to
Parowan to visit and to attend our little niece's baby blessing. Her name is Brooklyn and she is so sweet. What a content baby! She never cries and she is happy to sit in her swing for hours at a time. Kathi is so blessed to have a happy baby because those two other boys definitely monopolize most of her time. We had a great time visiting the
fam. It was a little bit bitter sweet though because it was the last time we will all be together until Christmas. Dan and Tori are moving to St. Louis for medical school. We will miss them so much! I am proud of them, but also very sad to see them go. St. Louis is SO much farther than Ogden. :(

One of the things Lincoln likes these days is to sit on David's lap. He's always enjoyed it, but lately, he LOVES it! He'll even sit while David does the boring cross word puzzle. YUCK! When David puts his arm around Linc to take him off his lap, Lincoln just pushes his hand away because he wants to stay with his daddy. How sweet is that?

Another of Lincoln's faves is to sit in/under/on things. If there is something on the floor, he will definitely sit on it. Books, blankets, toys, mom...it doesn't matter what. He'll find a way to plant his little bum on it.


Another of Lincoln's joys is when I build forts for him. I drag some chairs into the living room and drape blankets over them. He thinks it's so cool to sit under the blankets and play with his toys. He just loves to peek under the blanket to say BOO!


Our 4
th of July was so much fun! We headed to
Parowan to hang with the
fam and escape the freakishly hot weather. We had a great time. We started the day with a parade, followed by some races and
Popsicles at the park. It was so much fun to see some friends at the park and catch up on the haps. Everyone has kids! I remember drill teaming and hanging out with all my friends just like it was last week! CRAZY!

After the park, we went back to the house and our cousins set up their new skim boarding slip-n-slide thingy. It was awesome, but kinda scary. Thank goodness that David didn't snap any shots of me
attempting the thing. It was not a pretty sight.


We laid down some landscaping plastic and ran the hose on it for the babies to play on. Lincoln could have played on that stuff for hours! He had so much fun and he definitely wore himself out! He slept so well that night. What a great day.




9 comments:
I love the pictures. Lincoln is such a cute little guy. Don't you love the age that he is at. They learn so much so fast. We haven't really been able to get away, but I really need to come down and see everyone. Thank you so much for offering the place to stay. We might have to take you up on it. That is if we make it down. Love ya Lea.
Lincoln is getting so big!! It sounds like you had tons of fun! That's cool that you could spend time with your family before some of them go to St Louis. That skim boarding slip n slide looks like fun! Its so fun to see all of your family together!! Have a great day!
What a cute kid! It was so great seeing you again...so short! I wish we could have done more together!
Shanny! That looked like the funnest 4th of July ever! It made me cry, real tears, just looking at the pictures! Those pictures of Linkers on David are sweet, and also his peek-a-boo pictures with the fort. Love you!
Love the pictures. I dont think Lincoln takes a bad picture. He is so cute. it sounds like you guys had a great time for the 4th.
Lincoln is such a little stud. It was fun having you over the other night. We love visiting with you both. I wish there was a picture of you skim boarding on the slip-n-slide.
Hooray for summertime! I am still so amazed at the similarities of Linc and Kate - it must be the time they spend together. Good thing he's sooo dang cute:)
Holy cow how fun!! So sad that your Sis is going away, its hard being so far from family, but she and her husband will be able to form a stronger bond because of it :) I miss my sister too- I saw her for an afternoon in July of 2007 during a Kingston family reunion we decided to crash. We are totally looking forward to hanging out and playing in Sept.! Are you up for a playdate at a park or something?
Anyway, I'm glad that you are having a rockin' Summer! Take care!
Looks like you had a great visit to the gool ol' P-town! I didn't know Kathy and Mike had 3 little ones! Your little guy is SO cute, I love seeing pics of him!
Post a Comment