Saturday, November 1, 2008

This is Halloween

Since I love Halloween, I'd like to begin this post by looking back on past years.

The nerd is my go-to costume. I love dressing up like a nerd. I feel that inside, I am a nerd at heart.

For our ward party a few years ago, I dressed up like a UPS driver and I made David dress up like a box. He was a good sport. The costume was hilarious!

Last year, I was a witch, Lincoln was Tigger and David was a toilet. That was a pretty good one too.
This year, I was a princess, David a prince and Lincoln was the fiery dragon. Lincoln's costume was SO cute. I loved it! We had a great time at the ward party.



Last night, we met some friends to go trick-or-treating around their neighborhood. Lincoln had a great time with friends. He loved going to the door and getting candy. By the end of the night, he caught on to the idea.


This is the back view of Lincoln's costume. I think it is adorable.

Parker is Lindsey Hurst's baby. They were a family of lions. They were adorable.

RJ is Lindsey's other boy. He was a lion for about 7 minutes. Then he decided to strip down and do his trick-or-treating in his t-shirt and diaper. What a cutie!

Lincoln and RJ had fun playing in the wagon that I borrowed from my friend Crystal. The wagon was a genius idea.


Later we headed to the Eves' house for some pizza and pics. I could not resist my nerdy tendencies so I ditched the princess costume and became a nerd. I am more of a nerd than a princess anyway. See me on the far left? I looked hot! You can't get the full effect in the picture. It's really something that is better in real life.

Jack and Gina were adorable as Minnie and Mickey Mouse.

Ellie and Hayden were Princess Leia and Anikin Skywalker.


Michale's ostrich costume was hilarious!

We had a great time on Halloween. It was fun and I am already thinking of what we can be next year.

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love this post! It's a laugh-out-louder :). You really do make a perfect nerd. JK but I do love your costumes. It makes me want to dress up and see how nerdy I can look. Maybe next year I'll hvae to come look through your closet for nerd clothes!

Tori said...

Shanny, those pictures are so fun! You're a perfect princess, but I know how you love the nerd look! Linco totally rocked the dragon costume. He looked so happy in it-- looks like the training all this month payed off. I liked David's costume too. Great group of pictures! You're so much fun, I miss you. Oh, thanks for finding that jack o' lantern shirt for me!

Em said...

Those pictures are HOT!! :) It looked like you had tons of fun! Those are some pretty creative past Halloween costumes! Nerd at heart huh... me too!!

Kathi said...

I love the nerd look, it's so you. I don't mean you're a nerd, I just mean it's you, but you're not a nerd... Ya, um got it -k- good.

Chalise said...

What a fun family. Great costumes. I'm like you, I'm always thinking about what we are going to be the next year.

Cheryl Meibos said...

Shannon you are so stinkin cute...I have to say my favorite is the nerd costume too! Thanks for sharing!

rayndrop said...

I must say, those are some great costumes and pictures! I love the nerd get-ups. It looks like you all had a great time.

Amber said...

So freakin' cute!! Glad to see thatyou had such a great halloween! The wagon idea rocked- I will use that in the future!

Hope that you are doing well. Have you gotten together with Tara for a lunch/playdate yet? I haven't talked to that gal since I left. I sure sometimes wish I lived closer!
Take care of you guys!!

Talea Sedgwick said...

Cute, cute, cute!!

Amber Monson said...

Love all the costumes. Very cute ideas. We know who to call if we need any fun ideas.

Ross and Lea said...

Hey it looks like you got your family pics taken. I love it. Plus your Halloween pics are great.

Anonymous said...

You guys are such a cute family. Your dragon is my favorite little boy. We love Lincoln. I'm glad you always have so much fun with Halloween.

Becky said...

I have not seen the UPS costume!!! What a RIOT!!! How fun!