Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oops.

Today after church, I went to find David to get the keys to his car. I needed the checkbook in his car to pay for some food storage I ordered from our preparedness expert. I walked outside with Lincoln's hand in mine.

When we reached David's car, I asked Lincoln to stay on the grass where it was safe instead of following me into the parking lot. I quickly opened the car door, reached under the driver's seat, grasped the checkbook, and stood up to make sure Lincoln was where I left him. Indeed, he stayed where I asked him to stay. However, there was something "off" when I looked at him. I was shocked to see that his pants and undies were around his ankles and he was answering the call of nature right there on the church lawn. My shock quickly turned to embarrassment as I looked around to find members of our ward pointing their fingers with mouths gaped open.

I ran over to Lincoln to try to fix what was happening, but what could I do? It just kept coming and coming! He must have really had to go. The long duration of his potty break just gave the opportunity for more passers by to gaze on while I stood, embarrassed, and giggling, waiting for this to be over. After what seemed like a few minutes (I am sure it was just a few seconds), he appeared to be finished. I quickly helped him pull his pants up and we loaded in the van. I laughed and giggled all the way home. He's so sweet. I know he was doing his best not to pee in his pants. Thanks bud. I love you.

10 comments:

Becky Seymour said...

YES! Linc is totally totally stepping up the potty training!
That is soooo freaking funny.

Tori said...

What else could you do, right? He's a classic boy- marking his territory. :) Soooo funny!

The Calico Crew said...

Must have been serving a ton of water in Nursery that day! That's the joy of having boys. The worst part is that we expect things like that and it's OK!! You can't get away with that if you're a girl.

Tristen said...

haha that is so great! I am glad to hear that my boy isn't the only one who does that! Nathan was trying to teach rylee how to go potty outside in my mom and dad's backyard in the middle of winter! Good times!

Em said...

Thanks for making me laugh!! :) Great story!

Nicole Lee said...

I just laughed out loud.
Thanks for sharing!

Lindsey said...

dang! I missed the show =)

Amber Monson said...

I love it. I'm so glad you wrote it down so you can always remember it, and He will never forget it. How cute and Boy like.

Amber said...

Hilarious!!! Love it and seriously, what could you do? when you gotta go to gotta go!

Keeler Klan said...

And THAT'S when you know they are fully potty-trained. LOL! I can just SEE the look on your face, the blushing and covering your eyes with your hand. HAHAHAHA!