Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Visit to the Dentist

Yesterday, I took Linc to his first dentist appointment. Leading up to the day, if he were asked "do you want to go to the dentist?" he would reply with an enthusiastic "YES!" and then he would proceed to tell you that Kate's mom is going to count his teeth.

However, on the actual appointment day, I asked him if he wanted to go to the dentist. He totally changed his mind about going. He did not want to go to the dentist at all. Darn!

After some talking, I finally convinced him to go. We saw Kate's mom (Janalee, who is also a Joy School teacher) there. She called him back to start the visit. He didn't want to sit in the chair alone so I held him on my lap while we moved up and down. He said, "It's kinda like a roller coaster!" After a bit, he asked me to take pictures so I slipped out of the chair and started taking pics. He was willing to smile and show his pearly whites.



Janalee showed Linc all the cool tools and counted his teeth. Lincoln was really brave the whole time. Then, Dr. Hatch came in to take a quick look. He counted his teeth as well and did a spot check to see if there were any problem areas we needed to keep an eye on. He said everything looked great, gave Lincoln a toothbrush and toothpaste and let Lincoln choose a prize.
Lincoln chose a plastic camel out of the treasure box. He was so happy with his toy and his first visit to the dentist.

No comments: