Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Seeing Santa

The other night, we headed to St. George to finish some shopping. I toyed with the idea of taking Linc to see Santa, but was not sure how it would go. On the way, I asked him if he wanted to go see Santa. He quickly said, "no." and that was that. I casually asked him a couple more times while shopping and got the same response each time.

Near the end of our shopping trip, we found ourselves at the mall. We walked past Santa on our way to a store and Lincoln was not impressed. He didn't want anything to do with the big red guy. I was not about to make my son see Santa and induce a tantrum. I was not in the mood for that. I took his answer and didn't push the issue.

While walking through the mall to return to our car, Santa spotted Lincoln and kindly asked Linc if he would like a candy cane. Lincoln responded with a lispy "Yeth." and proceeded without me (!) to visit with Santa. Lincoln walked right up to Santa, looked him in the face and said, "cuz I want a spaceship." (Lincoln frequently starts his sentences with "cuz.") I was so proud of him. Aparently, so was Santa.


He handed Linc his promised candy cane and pulled him up on his lap quickly enough for me to snap a few pictures. It was perfect. Thanks Santa. We hope you come visit our house soon. :)

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I am still holding out for a picture with Santa... Maybe next year Kenley won't be afraid. Good Job Linc! I bet you will get that spaceship for sure now:)