Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer Staycation - This is The Place






Our summer was filled with good times and great memories. We decided to stay close to home for our vacations this year. One of the places we visited is This Is The Place Heritage Park. I had no idea that there were so many fun things to do there.








It was really fun to spend so much time with Lexie and Tori. We love it when they get to come to Utah.







Lincoln really enjoyed riding the little train that took us from spot to spot the whole day.


We were glad to be able to spend some time with Mike, Kathi and the kids as well.








The kids also enjoyed riding this little tiny train. Seriously... it's tiny




I just love this picture of the kids on the train with the valley in the background and their reflections in the little pond.


There is a little petting zoo for the kids with some cute, friendly goats for the kids to play with. Lincoln enjoyed that part. He also got to ride his first pony!




There is a fun little stream where the kids can pan for gold. Grandpa helped Lincoln find some little shiny treasures.







Lincoln was able to make a cute little arrow head necklace at one of the spots. He thought that was pretty cool. He wore his necklace all day.



There is a cute little shop where the kids can pound designs into leather. That was really cool.


We had a great time together with our family. We love summer!




2 comments:

Tori said...

Lincoln's such a handsome cowboy! In one picture, I took a glance and thought, "Man, I'm looking smokin hot in this picture!" Then a split second later I realized it was Kathi. Congratulations Kathi, and condolences to me :)

Tasha said...

You look so much like your Mom! So cute! You need to frame that picture of the kids on the train! AWESOME!