Thursday, August 18, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Lincoln had his first session of swimming lessons this summer and he did a great job! However, on his first day, the teachers had the kids standing on the little step that goes down into the pool. A teacher was working with the child next to Lincoln and Lincoln stepped right off the step. For a split second, I looked at Lincoln bobbing up and down trying to get breath (the water was too deep) and then I looked back at the teachers. No one saw him! I ran from my chair and jumped into the pool fully clothed to pull him out. He was fine, but a little scared. He wanted to sit on my lap for a while so I let him. I was really proud when a few minutes later he told me he was ready to get back in. When he got back in and resumed lessons, he kept looking at me and telling his teachers, "my mom is all wet." It was so cute. From then on, he was much more careful and so were the teachers. :)



He was brave and went off the diving board too!






We did a lot of swimming this summer. Perhaps Lincoln's favorite pool to swim in is Uncle Jerry's pool. He has a salt water pool so the chemicals don't burn your eyes. Lincoln is quite brave at Uncle Jerry's. By the end of the summer, Lincoln was going fullly under water with no life jacket, opening his eyes and swimming from step to step under water by kicking his legs and using his arms. He can really hold his breath for quite a while! Lincoln really loves to swim. I hope he keeps that passion and becomes better and better.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tori said...

No way!? He's quite the swimmer then! That's wonderful. It's funny how in the pics of him jumping off the diving board, the teacher is under water, keeping him afloat. Teacher's all wet!