Monday, March 24, 2008

I Love Easter!

There are many reasons why I love the Easter Holiday. I love what Easter means to me as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I also love to see the beginnings of Spring. I have many fun childhood memories associated with Easter as well. However, my most recent memory of a wonderful Easter gift is last year when Lincoln was born on Easter Sunday. That was such a wonderful day, and one that we anticipated for a long time. Easter is a special day to me every year. This last Easter was wonderful as well. The weekend started with my first attempt at making bread and guess what? It worked! The bread was so yummy. I can't take all the credit though,... I used David's mom's recipe which is said to be better than candy. Also, Jill babysat me while I was making the bread to make sure that I did everything right. (Thanks mom!)

The day got even better when my mom and sister, Tori, came down to spend some time before the holiday. We stayed up late on Thursday just talking and catching up. We went to St. George on Friday and attended the St. George Easter Art Show. That is a tradition from when I was very young. I look forward to the Art Show every year. Not necessarily because of the art but, for the tradition and spending time with my mom and sis. We had a great time even though Tori (who is from Ogden) thought she would die from heat stroke before the end of the day.

On Saturday, the rest of the fam came down and we had an Easter Egg Hunt at my house. It was really windy, but we had a good time anyway. Lincoln didn't really get the whole idea of picking up prizes and putting them in your basket, but I had a great time.


Link is a little confused about what to do.
Dan says his hobby is "looking studly!"


Austin is cruising around the yard looking for the loot!




Linkers just looking cute!



Adam had a hard time accepting the fact that some of the presents were for his brother instead of him.

Because of the wind, we weren't able to do some of the things we had planned for the day such as going fishing and hiking so we improvised. Instead, we hung out downstairs and played Guitar Hero and Sing Star. It was really fun!


Dad is a natural Guitar Hero.


Mom has her game face on.


Adam liked playing Sing Star. He even knew some of the songs!


On Sunday, Lincoln and I ditched church because Lincoln seems to be catching every little bug that is on anyone or anything. It seems like he has been sick since October when he had the croup. Since then he has had two sinus infections, RSV, and the stomach flu. I decided that since I work in the Primary (where viruses multiply by the millisecond) we would stay home till he was back to 100%. When David got home from church, we headed up to Parowan to have Easter dinner and hang out. Dinner was yummy and I definitely ate too much. After dinner, we had a pretend birthday party for Lincoln since the Edwards side of the family won't be here for his real birthday. I figured it would be OK since yesterday was Easter and he was born on Easter. Anyway, he wasn't the most gracious gift recipient. He was having a hard time for some reason, but he got some great presents. (Thanks for being so generous everyone!)








Adam was a good helper.


Although he got lots of new toys, Lincoln just wanted a bottle!







One of Lincoln's famous conniptions.






After the party, everyone went their separate ways to resume life without awesome holidays and lots of family time. Mom and Dad went back to Centerville, Tori and Dan headed up to Ogden, David, Dan, Lincoln and I went south to LaVerkin and Mike, Kathi, Adam and Austin stayed at the house in P-town.


I love my family so much and I am already excited for our next get together.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend. Wow, Lincoln is almost one. He is so big. But I am with him- forget the presents, lets go for the food. Especially Easter dinner. It was so yummy. Great pictures of you and Lincoln. Pretty soon you won't be able to keep up with him. And getting them to slow down long enough to take a picture is almost impossible.

Amber said...

What a fun time with all your fam! I'm glad that you guys are doing so well! Happy Birthday to Linc!What day exactly was it? Kenna's is tomorrow the 25th!! Crazy how time flys! Take care of you girl and next time I'm in town we will have to get together!

Tara said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy. I'm glad that it was a fun weekend. Lincoln is so cute!

Janalee said...

Holidays are so fun. I am impressed with the breadmaking - I haven't attempted that yet. It was also fun to see some pictures of you, as the mom it seems like we are always behind the camera:)

Natalie said...

Sounds like you had a great time - now I am kicking myself, because I thought of calling you while I was in town, but I figured you would be out of town with your family! Bugger! I love Easter too, and it was so nice spending it with family! What day is Linc's birthdaya? I can't believe he is almost one!!! Way to go Betty Crocker on the bread making!!!

Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Em said...

It looks like you had tons of fun! Easter is such a great time of year! I'm glad you had a great Easter! The bread looks really good!! :)