Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Visiting P-town

We had an interesting weekend. On Saturday, we went to Parowan because my mom and dad were visiting from Centerville. My parents moved to Centerville a few years ago, but they kept the house in Parowan (mostly because my siblings and I would not let them sell it). Anyway, we are glad that they kept the house because it is big enough for everyone to hang out when they visit. Also, my brother, Mike, and his little family live there while they hunt for a house of their own.

While in Parowan, Lincoln did not want much to do with anyone other than me, David or Daniel. He doesn't know my other family members very well. I could tell that it kinda hurt my mom's feelings that he didn't know her. She always jokes about moving back and having my dad commute to SLC and back.


Lincoln let my mom hold him just long enough to get a picture with her, my dad and Daniel.

While Lincoln was trying to show off his crawling skills, his 2 year old cousin, Austin, thought Link was playing horsey. Austin tried to ride on Lincoln's back...and you can imagine how that turned out. Lincoln fell flat on his belly. Although Lincoln was pretty ticked, it was really funny.

Lincoln also found the joy of helium balloons over the weekend. We found one at the house and he absolutely loved playing with it. He kept hitting himself in the face with it. He laughed really hard every time.











Shortly after we got home for the night, Lincoln threw up all over the place. I felt so bad for him. He seemed pretty miserable. The puking has continued into today. I think I have done more laundry over the last few days than I have over the last few weeks.
It was kinda funny because David's dad and I were talking about how when you have kids, you would do things for them that you would not even do for yourself. Right after he said that, I caught some of Lincoln's puke in my hand! I would definitely not ever try to catch my own throw-up, but when it involves your child, it's different. Maybe some of you are gagging at the thought of my catching Lincoln's puke, but to me, it's just not that big of a deal. I don't know....maybe I'm weird.
On Sunday, we went to a little birthday party for David's mom. She is such a great person. She's a good example of what it means to be Christlike. It seems like she is constantly looking for opportunities to serve others. It was fun to celebrate her birthday.



6 comments:

Rachael said...

Lincoln is such a cutie! I am sure your family loved seeing him. Why is it that kids can be entertained for hours with balloons?a

Natalie said...

Linc is getting so big & he is a cute combination of both you & Dave! I'm sorry he was sick - it's the worst watching your own kid throw up - maybe that's why he was being so clingy that night, because he wasn't feeling well...

Lindsey said...

That is so hard for Grandma's that can't be close to their grandkids. I know with my sisters they would always put a picture of grandma in their kids' bedroom and talk about her a lot so that when the kids were around grandma they wouldn't have to warm up to her they would remember her. Just a suggestion! Also, I'm sure you know these things but if you are having a problem getting the smell out of things with throw up try cleaning with soda water. RJ lately has been throwing up all over the carpet in his room if he doesn't want to go to bed so he gets to take a bath... No fun. My house has not been smelling very good. But, my mom suggested soda water and it worked wonderfully!

Becky Seymour said...

Lincoln gets cuter by the day! He is also very photogenic. When you titled in P-Town I knew you were talking about Parowan. Sam calls it that also! We are probably going up this weekend. It is still funny that you knew Sam from High School!

Kaesy said...

Shannon, I can't believe you caught his throw-up in your hand...what a mom. It's getting better and better the things I have to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

Catching puke does not make you gross, it makes you a Mom. And your a great Mom. We have missed you. We haven't seen you in a while.