Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Capturing the Moment

I would never forgive myself if I don't take the chance to record some of the things that I see Lincoln do. It makes me so sad to think that he won't always have such innocence and imagination. I really wish I could capture the moments that make my heart smile and put them in a bottle on my shelf so that I can remember these amazing, funny and enlightening moments. I guess recording the moments are as close as I can get.

Lately, Lincoln has been putting blankets over his head, (and ours) and calling it a tent. He gets so excited to play in his tents and he wants to share it with David and me. Once we are in the tent, he politely asks us if we want a quesadilla or a cheese sandwich. Once we reply with our request, "makes" us quesadillas or cheese sandwiches. That is the standard meal for being in the tent. Next, we have to eat our meal. He is so sweet and imaginative. I love playing in Lincoln's tents.

Another moment I would like to remember is the moment of Lincoln's "Big Book." A few weeks ago, I got a Target Christmas catalog in the mail with ads and coupons. Lincoln got hold of that book a few weeks ago and has not let go of it. He carries that "Big Book" (which is not very big) everywhere. He asks to sleep with it and he is constantly reading it. Needless to say, it is tattered, torn, wrinkled and worn, but he does not care. I have put countless strips of tape on the book to help mend the torn pages. I wonder if he will be bored with the big book once Christmas is over.

3 comments:

Tori said...

Oh, so very cute! I can't wait to see that boy so he can read to me his big book in his tent! I love you guys...

The Penney's said...

Shan...I had so much fun reading all your blog posts. Here are some thoughts I had:

~ AMAZING CAKE!

~ Thomas S. Monsen...I laughed out loud at that one!

~ We play tent with Brecken on our bed with the sheets. So fun!

~We've got to get Linc and Breck together to play. I know they would have a blast together!

Amber said...

I love these cute stories! they just make you smile :)
I wish my kids and I knew your little Linc better. He seems like such a sweetheart!