Thursday, January 15, 2009

A lot of people have been asking about my new job. I am actually an online school teacher for the Utah Virtual Academy. It's a way cool gig. The best part is that I still get to be home with Lincoln. However, David and I have been struggling with Lincoln over one tiny thing. His favorite word is "NO"! He says it all day long and in a super sassy tone. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can squash this undesirable habit? It's getting out of control! Is this just a phase? If not, how do we get it to stop? What do we do when it's down right rude when he's saying it to people when they ask for a hug? Are we taking it to seriously and we just need to relax? Please...any input would be much appreciated. We love the little guy to pieces, but parenting is hard sometimes.

9 comments:

Em said...

Congrats about the job! I'm glad you are doing some kind of teaching. You are so good at it!! Sorry... I don't have any advice because I'm not yet a parent. :) Good thing too! I hope he breaks the habit soon!! Good luck!!!

Tori said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you get to blog at home! Your job does sound pretty sweet. I'll have to call for some details (and to learn how to get that gig out here)! As far as the parenting tips go, I'm no help there-- sorry! I just think it's stinkin funny whenever he says it, so I don't help the problem. But, I think you're right in trying to nip it in the bud. Love you!

Amber said...

I like your new blog style and colors- way too. congrats on the new at home job. Is it the same thing that Tara is doing?

The "No" thing is totally a phase. Kenna went through it but now she is on to "Yep" and sometimes she'll just look over at me and laugh "No way, Mom. No way". I wouldn't stress too much and just let people know that it's his answer to everything even though he still might even mean Yes.
Good Luck :)

Kristi said...

Hyrum tells people "no" to hugs and kisses a bit, and even though it's a phase, it's still what he means. I just apologize. I would like to make him give hugs, but I let him do his thing.

Amber Monson said...

You don't need to worry it is just a phase. I know it can be hard at times...but it does it better, and, it doesn't last to long.

Tara said...

We are having the same problem right now. Let me know if you get any good suggestions. Congrats again on the job!!

Tori said...

Shanny,
I'll send you the pics from Christmas, but I want you to look at what I added to my blog post from Christmas in Parowan. Also, there are new ones of the kids on the sidebar.

Natalie said...

I'm sure "no" is just a phase...he'll get over it soon enough! That's awesome that you are able to work from home! You are such a great teacher, and you'll do a FAB job, I'm sure!
LOVE YOU!

Becky said...

Congrats on the job Shanny... We are so happy for you. As far as the "No" thing goes I'd consult Latham...see what he has to say...
Missed having FHE with you guys last night...looking forward to next week.