Friday, January 30, 2009

This week has been pretty crazy. It all started on Monday when David called and told me that his mom had been in an accident on her bike. She was riding in the rain when she skid trying to turn a corner. She shattered her shoulder and had a bad head wound. She got stitches right away, but had to wait for surgery later that night. David was really worried about her. He understands what it's like to be in bad shape after an accident. I think the hardest thing is that she was in so much pain and they couldn't do much for her. The surgery went well and she came home late Tuesday night.
Wednesday was my birthday and I had a great time. I spent the day working and playing with Linko. David bought me a gift certificate for a one hour massage. I was so excited! When David got home from work, we went to Texas Road House to eat and then he took me shopping. I found some killer deals! It was great!
Wednesday morning, Lincoln woke up with a cough. I figured it was just a cold so I decided I would just watch him to see if he gets better or worse. He was not getting better so I decided to take him to the doctor today. I am glad I did because he has an ear infection in both ears. It would have been terrible to endure the weekend without any antibiotics. My back hurts so bad from holding him so much. When he's sick all he wants is to be held. That massage gift card will definitely come in handy. Hopefully Lincoln starts feeling better soon.
Other than those main events this week, I have been busy with work and taking care of my sick little boy. My job is going well. I think it's an ever changing job description...at least until we get the school more established. I feel fulfilled and happy that I can work from home. What a blessing!

6 comments:

Cheryl Meibos said...

Happy Birthday Shannon! It sounds like you had a good one...I could use a good massage right now:)

Kathi said...

I can't believe that I forgot to call you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been thinking aboug it all month! I am such a jerk! I am glad that I at least got your present to you early. So sorry.

Kaesy said...

I'm so nervous for the first real sickness! I am DREADING having to take her to the doctor for something real. It scares me so bad! I feel so bad about Lincoln's ears!

Annie M Culley said...

I totally feel for you!! Both my kids have been so sick this last week. Both of them got crupe and so off to the Doc for steroids!! I have to say that the sickness are my least favorite part of being a mom!! The only good part is they will cuddle for a minute or two!! good luck!

Tori said...

Ya, I wish I were there to help you hold sick little Linko! Hopefully he's feeling better. Tell Dave's mom we're sorry to hear about her wreck! Glad your job is going so well. Love you Shanny!

Amber said...

I hope that linc is doing better and I hope Jill is doing better too.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Why didn't I have that written down! I'm sorry :)
I'm glad that you had a nice time together- take care!