Sunday, October 25, 2009

San Diego Day 1

Our first day in San Diego began with a lot of anticipation for a great week ahead. We woke up bright and early and headed for Sea World. We were very early and ended up being there before the gates were open. We decided to wait at a nearby park. The park was equipped with sidewalk pathways going around the shore.




After about 30 minutes, we went on to Sea World.



Our first stop was the sea lions. Lincoln thought they were hilarious when they were swimming under water.


Another thing we did is visit the sharks. We thought they were pretty cool to see under the water. I am seriously afraid of sharks, but I can handle them when I can see them behind a big pane of glass. I still got some major heebie jeebies though.



I thought the above picture was cool because you can see the shark right over David and Lincoln's heads.

After some more fun, we headed to the Bay of Play. It's a Sesame Street themed part of the park geared toward little kids. They have rides and other fun things to do in there. We even got our picture taken with Elmo and Big Bird.

I was not sure if Lincoln would like the rides because in the past, he has been very scared. The following picture is of me getting Lincoln reved up for the ride.

Well, the rides were a hit! Linc could not get enough of them. We went on the rides over, and over, and over.








Another highlight was the Shamu show. I know it's cheesy, but I get teary every time I see the Shamu show. I just think it's so incredible. I loved it!



Sea World was a hit! I was so glad that we were able to go back for a second day.

5 comments:

Em said...

I LOVE SEAWORLD!! So fun!

Cheryl Meibos said...

I love vacations! I'm glad you had a good time. I've been thinking about you lately...hope you're doing well:)

Tori said...

He DID love those rides! Those smiles are just priceless. So glad you guys got to go on a fun vacay like that! Shanny, I must be your sister because I cry from Shamu too.

Lindsey said...

I have never been to sea world. I really want to go though. It looks like a lot of fun! You will have to tell me all the good stuff to do.
sorry you were sick. Glad you are feeling better.

Stacia said...

Man, we should vacation together... My kids are totally into all the same things they love Sea World (we're going next week) they love boats, helicopters and airplanes! Looks like lots of fun!