Friday, November 13, 2009

My Attitude of Gratitude pt.1

I am trying to acquire a new attitude. I would like to develop an attitude of gratitude.

Around this time of year, I get very involved in my own desires. My mind seems to constantly be consumed about what I would like to give to others for Christmas and, more shamefully, what I would like to receive for Christmas. My list this year is very long and it seems to get longer daily. Today, while pondering my current circumstance, the phrase "an attitude of gratitude" came into my mind. I believe this phrase was coined by President Monson. I have not been able to get these words out of my head today. My mind keeps going back to them as I go about my daily business. I decided that rather than trying to get this beautiful phrase out of my mind, I would act on it. I set a goal for myself to post something every day for which I am grateful. This little experiment will end on Thanksgiving Day. I am hoping that by doing this, I will be able to look around at all the blessings that surround me.

These items that I post will not necessarily be extraordinary or extravagant. They will simply be things that touch my heart and help me realize how truly blessed I am. So, without further ado, I give you My Attitude of Gratitude pt. 1


Today, I am grateful for my little boy, Spaghetti-O's.
and last, but not least, bubble baths to clean those Spaghetti-O's off my little boy.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Love it! It really is the little things that count:-) Love ya and your great "attitude of gratitude"

Em said...

Cute title!! CUTE BOY!! He's getting so big!

The Calico Crew said...

Great idea, Shannon! Seem's like the "busy" stuff in our life's not too important when we have the things we're really grateful for in our heads and hearts. I'm going to have to check back more often to see what you're grateful for next.