Monday, November 23, 2009

My Attitude of Gratitude pt.12


Today I am want to express my gratitude for my family...again. I know I have already used that one, but seriously, my family means so much to me. Over the years, my family members have become my best friends. I get frustrated when I try to write about the place they hold in my life because I can't quite find the right words to use to express my deep love and appreciation for them.

I want to start with my mom and dad. I don't know why this picture is so small. They really deserve a much bigger one. I am so very thankful for my mommy and daddy. They provided such a happy childhood for me and my siblings. They taught me so much about myself and the kind of person I want to be. They sacrificed so much for us to be able to do the things we wanted to do. They have been such great parents and grandparents. Again...I am getting really frustrated because I can't come up with the words I want. Just know that I love my mom and dad so much and I am so thankful that they are MY mommy and daddy.

Next, I want to talk about my brother, Mike. Michael has always been a very good big brother. I think every girl needs a big brother to protect her. Mike definitely protected me from bullies and other things that tried to hurt me or bring me down. He is a fun person to be around. Mike is funny and loving. He is very smart too. Kathi, Mike's wife is wonderful as well. I love her like a sister. Mike and Kathi compliment each other very well. Mike is a great daddy, husband, son, brother, uncle and all the other titles I can think of. Lincoln blesses him in his prayers every night...and so do I!


Tori is my very pretty and talented sister. She and I didn't always get along growing up, but now, I feel very bad for the way I used to treat her and I am so thankful that she is my lil sis. Tori is a fantastic mommy. Lexie loves Tori more than anything in this world. Tori always has a positive attitude. She is very smart and loving. She would do anything for her family. Dan, Tori's husband is wonderful as well. He is perfect for Tori! He works very hard and loves his wife and baby girl very much. Although Tori is my little sister, I really look up to her.



Daniel is my little (younger) brother. It's not very accurate to say he's my little brother because he is TALL. This kid is the funniest person in the world. He has a lot of personality and charisma. He is also very loving and kind. He has a good heart. Daniel always makes me laugh with his funny comments. Daniel is a great uncle. He loves the nieces and nephey-poos so much. Daniel is going to make one girl very lucky someday.

Last, but definitely not least, I give you these dudes.

David is the best husband I can imagine. He puts up with my womanly hormones and mood swings. When I have a problem I am facing, he is always on my team. He helps around the house and works hard during the day to provide for us. He makes me feel special and beautiful. David is a wonderful daddy. Lincoln loves him a lot. David is already teaching Linc to appreciate football, baseball and basketball. He loves reading to Lincoln and wrestling with him in the morning before work.

I never realized how much joy a child would bring to my life. When I look at Lincoln, I feel like my heart is going to explode with love. This boy has brought me so much happiness. I love him and I know he loves me. He teaches me how to be a good mommy. He is always doing something funny or sweet and he makes me laugh every day. I love his sweet personality and funny quirks. He is a good boy and a very loving son. I can't remember what it feels like to be without him. I am just so glad that Heavenly Father blessed us with such a sweet little boy to love and raise.


Ultimately, this year I am thankful for eternal families and the sealing power of the temple. I am so glad to have the opportunity to be with my family forever. To me, that is heaven!






3 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

Fabulous post Shannon! It's weird to think there are people out there that don't get along with their family members and want nothing to do with them. I feel the same as you do when it comes to my family!

Tasha said...

I love that picture of the temple, Can I have a copy? I love your family too and it is so WEIRD for me to think of your Little brother being that OLD!!! I remeber him as a tiny little kid. I love Tori too, I always remember her Christmas Eve Birthday:) Your parents are great, I will never forget the lung lecture in Second grade. Must've worked though, I never wanted to smoke because of it! You are awesome Shanny and your family is just as lucky if not luckier to have you! Love ya!

Tori said...

I loved reading that Shannon! Too bad that picture of me is horrid, but thank you so much for saying that. I am so thankful for all of our family too, and I can't express my gratitude for having such an amazing sister. I don't think you know how much I depended on you, and how much your example shaped who I am today. I'll forever be in your debt for the love, and examples you've brought to my life. LOVE YOU!