Today after our primary presidency meeting, I decided I should try to help Lincoln learn his articles of faith. Our song leader gives the kids a full size candy bar if they come to her house and pass off any article of faith. I thought this would be a fun opportunity for Lincoln. While driving to a store today, I thought we would start with the first article of faith. I asked him to repeat the words after me. The rehearsal went something like this...
Me: We believe
Linc: We believe
Me: In God
Linc: In God
Me: The Eternal Father
Linc: The Eternal Father
Me: And in His son
Linc: And in His son
Me: Jesus Christ
Linc: AMEN!
I couldn't help but giggle. I was not surprised that the said, "amen" at that point. I decided to move on to the 2nd article of faith to hopefully lessen the confusion.
Me: We believe
Linc: We believe
Me: That man
Linc: That man
Me: Will be punished
Linc: Will be punished
Me: For their own sins
Linc: For their own sins
Me: And not
Linc: And not
Me: For Adam's
Linc: BIRTHDAY!
I laughed and laughed as I relished in the joy that Lincoln brings to my life. I love him and his personality. He makes me smile all day long and I treasure these moments that I am allowed to have with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
That's awesome! Laughing sooo hard right now! I can totally hear him saying this.
I could actually hear both of your voices! That is so dang cute, and I guess I should start teaching them to Kenley... She's so behind the times:)
Isn't that SO cute! I love hearing all the cute things that Linc says. :) You have inspired me to start working with Brecken to get his articles of faith memorized.
Post a Comment